A slip road is a small road provided to enter or exit a highway section. In this blog post, we will show the users how to create a slip road connecting a highway and the road underneath it in MiTS 2.
Sample project file can be found here
- Add a new road and click on the new road to start the design
- Create a new road by connecting all the IP road tracing. Click ‘Yes‘ when a notification to create a junction pop-up.
- Since slip road is usually a one-way road, delete the irrelevant carriageway, in this example, it is the right carriageway. You can also add another left carriageway and shoulder.
- Now, as you can see, the junction angle is quite big, so if you want to make it smaller, in the ‘Input’ tab, go to; Entities > Junction > Spread Input > Adjust Radius
- Shown below is its 3D view