Tracing file loaded from ACAD does not superimpose with the existing drawing in the software.
This happens due to different base point of ACAD drawing and the drawing in the software.
Project Attached here
Drawing of the first phase here
Drawing of the second phase here
Image 1 First phase of a project
Image 1 is the first phase of a project. New areas are to be added in the project as in image 2.
Image 2 New areas of the second phase
- Open existing project
- Import the tracing file of the second phase
- Tracing file does not superimpose with the existing entities as in image 3. This is mainly because of the different base point between the original drawing and the second phase drawing.Image 3 Imported tracing file does not superimpose with the original drawing/survey point
4. In order to adjust the base point of the new phase drawing, users may adjust the coordinate of the drawing according to the original drawing.
5. Open ACAD of the original drawing and find a reference point.
6. Determine the coordinate of the reference point. For example, reference point is referred at the circle of the far right of the boundary as in image 4.
Image 4 Circle at the far right is taken as the reference point
7. Find the coordinate of the reference point. Users may use Command “LIST” to find out the particular point.
Click the reference point > Type “LIST” > Press Enter
The coordinate of the reference point is as shown as in image 5.
Image 5 Coordinate of the reference point is 553241, 583130
8. Then, open ACAD of the new phase drawing.
9. Click at the appointed reference point and find out the coordinate as explained in step 7.
10. The coordinate shown for the reference point of new phase drawing is shown as in image 6.
Image 6 Coordinate of the new phase drawing reference point is -2343859, -2313970
11. Different coordinate of the same reference point of both of the drawings explains the reason of non-superimposed drawing in the software.
- Since the coordinate of the drawings are different, users have to move the entities of the new phase drawing according to the coordinate of the original drawing.
2. By using ACAD, move the whole entities.
Command “MOVE” > Press Enter > Select all entities > Click the reference point > Key in the coordinate of the reference point of the new phase drawing ( -2343859, -2313970) > Press Enter > Key in the coordinate of the original reference point (553241, 583130) > Press “ENTER”
3. If the drawing is not on the screen, users may use command “Zoom All” in order to find the drawing back
Type “Z” > Press Enter > Type “A” > Press Enter
4. Click again the reference point of the new phase drawing and use command “LIST” to make sure the entities have been moved to the new location of the same coordinate as the original ones.
5. Since the second phase drawing is now is the same as the original ones, users can now import the new tracing file
Click Load > Choose the new drawing > Click OK
6. The drawing is now superimposed on the existing survey points.