Sometimes in modelling a project, especially a big project skim, it would involve more than one engineer to model the Earthworks or the utility pipes (drainage, water reticulation & sewerage).
Hence in latest MiTS 2, users are allowed to import platforms/utility pipes from another project file.
Example 1: How to import platform
- Project ABC has 2 Phase
- Engineer A is working on Phase 1 while Engineer B is working on Phase 2
- Therefore, a complete project file for Project ABC will be a combination of project file from Engineer A and Engineer B
- Engineer A wants to combine project, hence he/she will import project file from Engineer B
How to import?
1. Open project phase 1 from Engineer A > at the main tab click ‘Import Project’ and browse for project phase 2 by Engineer B
2. Browse and click ‘Open’
3. After click open, user may see that the platforms is now combined under one project
4. For further illustration, user can see image below for before import and after import.
Example 2: How to import utility pipes
As shown in example 1, the same steps will be applied to import utility pipes
1. Open drainage project > at the main tab click ‘Import Project’ and browse for water reticulation project file
2. Browse water reticulation project and click ‘open’
3. After click open, user may see that the drainage and water reticulation is now combined under one project