You may receive an error message while using the MiTS software such as during launching the software, during exporting the output or while installing the software.
The common errors are such as following:
- “File access denied” when export the outputs
- The items ‘MiTS.exe.’ that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?
- “Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software” and delete the .exe file
- Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item
*This article does not contain a list of all the errors, but many errors may have the same potential resolutions, you may follow the steps below to troubleshoot.
The error messages are caused by the anti-virus software that you have which may be a “false positive alarm” which erroneously identifies the file as malware. You might experience this after updating the windows, after updating the MiTS version, or while using the programe.
- Temporarily disabling the antivirus
2. More permanent solutions
- Add the files into exception list
- Add the files into quarantine list
3. Permanent solution
- Report to the antivirus provider to ensure that the false positive alarm will not occur again
Links attached below are based on AVG antivirus as a reference:
1.Temporarily disabling the antivirus during installation or during using MiTS
2. Add file into an exception list.
3. Add file in quarantine list.
4. Check the URL for ‘false positive analysis’ with your antivirus support provider.
Forum Example : AVG Support Community