Full berm can be generated from the bottom by using the Reorder Slope function to create an Effective Platform (essentially platform within platform). Unlike the previous versions (MiTS 1 or EW3D module), users need some modelling using this workaround (HERE).
Full berm is located at the upper part of the slope
What users expect is as below, where the full berm is located at the bottom part:
You can use this project file (Project file)
Steps to use Reorder Slope:
- The slope is as per image below after SLOPE IN. The “Reorder Slope” can only be applied to Slope In. For Slope Out, you may refer at end of this article (SLOPE OUT section)
2. To create the Effective Platform, click on “Reorder Slope”
3. Then draw an effective slope (essentially platform within platform)
4. The platform later will be generated as image below
5. Click on “Generate Slope” again to generate new slope. Full Berm is swapped to be at the bottom part.
6. In case where SLOPE OUT is applied, you are required to generate the slope first.
7. Since Reorder Slope can only be applied to Slope In, therefore you are required to create a platform following the shape of the slope
8. Software is limited to overlapping platform, therefore the original platform needs to be deleted, leaving only the new platform. The SLOPE IN is assigned to new platform and slope is generated.
9. To reorder slope, Step 2 – 5 are repeated.