When modelling your project, suddenly software crash and not responding
When click save or back up the project file software will also crash and not responding OR pop up error message as below:
- This is due to the temp folder memory is full and there is no more space for software to hold new data. What is the %temp% in windows?
- To solve this, users may need to delete ALL the temp files in the temp folder. Temp folder can be accessed according to windows as below:
|Windows||How to search for ‘temp folder’|
1. Press the Windows Button + R to open the ‘Run’ dialog box
2. Enter ‘%temp%
3. Click OK > this will open your temp folder
4. Press Ctrl + A to select ALL
5. Press ‘Delete’ button on your keyboard and click ‘YES’
6. All temporary files will be deleted
Notes: some files may not be able to be deleted. If you are prompted about files that are missing or in use, click the check box next to ‘Do this for all current items’ and click ‘Skip’
1. Move the cursor on the bottom right, click on the search box.
2. In the search box, type in the name ‘Disk Cleanup’ and click on the ‘Free and Disk Space by deleting Unnecessary Files’
3. Click on the drop down arrow and select the drive; you may select any drive (in this article the sample is Drive C) and click OK
4. Disk Cleanup starts scanning and calculates the free space
5. Select the files to be deleted by clicking on the check box and click OK
6. Click ‘Delete Files’ to proceed.
7. And Disk Cleanup will starts to remove unwanted temporary files from your computer.
1. Press the Windows Button + R to open the ‘Run’ dialog box and enter %temp%
2. Click OK > this will open your temp folder
3. Press Ctrl + A to select ALL
4. Press ‘Delete’ button on your keyboard and click ‘YES’
5. All temporary files will be deleted
3. Once all the temporary files has been deleted, please open the project file and continue your work.
4. If your project was crash along the modelling process, you may retrieve your project file from the backup folder.
5. To retrieve, go to your project folder > Backup folder
6. Check the latest save file and you may use the latest one to continue with your work.