MiTS 2 now is able to import survey points directly from Google Earth. In order to obtain the data, API key is a mandatory.
API Key is used to track API requests associated with your project for usage and billing.
1.Go to Google Maps Platform website to get started
2. Click “GET STARTED”
3. You will be asked to pick one or more products. You may click all of the products, then press “CONTINUE”.
4.Enter project name, agree with the Terms of Service and press “NEXT”.
5. Click “Create Billing Account”
6. Enter your country and agree with the Terms of Service
7. Fill in the form with required details.
8. Click “NEXT” to enable your API
9. Copy the API Key in Step 8, and paste in the software
“Options > Project Parameters > Earthworks > Google Earth Elevation > API Key (paste)”
Maximum requests in a single day
When you get your Google Maps API key, you can set your daily quota for queries in the Google API console. Google Maps web APIs have 25,000 free requests per day, which means the service stays free during the day until you reach this number. If it is exceeded, you need to enable billing or buy a Premium Plan license to have a higher daily quota and allow for more queries. (reference: https://developers.google.com/maps/faq)
How Accurate is Google Earth Elevation