There are times where your project design requires a retaining wall to be constructed only at the toe slope. For this design, you will need to utilise some modelling technique. Follow the steps below do so;
1. First, we need to create a platform and proceed to generate the slope. We will have the output as per image below. Now, our objective is we would like to create a retaining wall after the second berm.
2. Before we proceed, we will first need to turn on the previous slope feature as we will refer to the slope generated (if you want to know more on the previous slope feature you can refer here). You can go to;
Earthwork > Input > Platform > Edit > Properties tab at RHS Panel > Previous Slope: Yes
3. Now, you can proceed with creating a boundary line after the second berm line. Why do we need to create a boundary line? You will need to understand that slope generation in the software will stop when it reaches the ground level or boundary line. In this case, we would like the slope to stop generating after the second berm. Hence, this is why we created a boundary line after the second berm.
4. To create a boundary line, you can go to;
Earthworks > Input > Boundary > Create boundary line in “Input Screen”
5. After creating a boundary line, we will assign the retaining wall at the platform edges. You can go to;
Earthworks > Input > Platform: Edit > Click on the three dots button at the “Height (m)” column > At the “Retaining Structure” column, only tick on the edges where you would like to have the retaining wall > OK
6. By creating a cut section across the platform, you will see there is a retaining wall after the second berm as shown per image below