Project file : 9006- Head Loss here
Hazen William Equation:
- The value calculated in MiTS Software is using hazen william equation, hence the calculated value is as per image below:
Online Head Loss Calculator
- We also test the value given in our software with a online head loss calculator.
- You may click here for the online head loss calculator.
- Node 1 is taken as example, please refer image below:
- As you can see that the result generated from the result calculated from software is the same as the one calculated by the online head loss calculator.
- Velocity = 0.21 m/s
- Head Loss = 0.05 m
- We used formula below to calculate the head loss with known Discharge,Q(m3/s), Pipe Diameter,D(m), Pipe Length,L(m) and Hazen William Coefficient of the material used.
- As the Q is known, we will need to rearrange the equation to find the head loss(hf). Hence;